Congrats Richard Gladden & Bill Habern
"TCDLA (Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association) is proud to announce the 2016 Percy Foreman Lawyer of the Year Award Recipients:
Award presentations will be held at Rusty Duncan June 16-18, 2016.
The Percy Foreman Lawyer of the Year Award honors the individual attorney who has provided outstanding legal representation. The recipient must be a member in good standing of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA) and the State Bar of Texas.
The award is named after Percy Foreman, the renowned Criminal Defense Lawyer and TCDLA Charter Member, in honor of his almost 60 years of service as an attorney. The award will be presented each year at TCDLA’s Rusty Duncan seminar by the current President of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
SO HAPPY FOR RICHARD! HE DESERVES IT!
Texas Residency Restrictions
Texas Voices For Reason and Justice is a statewide, non-profit, volunteer organization devoted to promoting a more balanced, effective, and rational criminal justice system. TVRJ advocates for common sense, research based laws and policies through education, legislation, litigation, and support for persons required to register for sex related offenses as well as for members of their families.
- No sexual abuse is ever acceptable.
- Sex offense laws and policies should be based on sound research and common sense, not panic or paranoia.
- Current laws and policies that paint all sex offenders with one broad brush are counter- productive, wasteful, and cause needless harm.
- Each offense must be judged on its own merits with a punishment that fit’s the crime and does not waste taxpayer dollars.
- The public sex offender registry and residency restriction laws do not protect children but instead, ostracize and dehumanize entire families.
- Money spent on purely punitive measures would be better used for prevention, healing, and rehabilitation.